Sunday, March 16, 2008

More on Monday

That's pretty explanatory, right? My only question is, what's worse? To pick up the phone and tell people that you're sorry, you can't do 'em a favor, or to just ignore their phone calls? I feel guilty doing both. That must explain why I've felt guilty the past couple days. For various unexplained reasons, I'm not able to help several people, and I feel kind of bad about it. The good news is that I spent a lot of other people's money on stuff for them, so I don't feel too bad. Hey, at least I'm a Beinoni of BMG, right?
The other good news is that tonight I got takeout from a Persian restaurant, Kolbeh, and after waiting for ten minutes the manager person poured all of us waiting customers some wine to keep us happy. I thought that was pretty classy. Plus they give gigantic portions. I'm being serious here-one meal there could feed thirty French cooks for a week. The food isn't incredibly innovative, but it's good and solid, which is always nice.
Oh well, you've wasted another perfectly good two minutes reading my tired rambling, and I'd just like to say, once and for all, that I am not getting engaged anytime soon. Zalmen Friedman claims I'll do it in the middle of next year, and I'm not saying it won't happen, but for now? Unless something really strange happens on the plane tomorrow morning, I should be safe. Of course, the last guy who said that was married in six weeks. Ahh, sleep-induced stupidity, it's almost as good as some of the liberal shtuff my relative's say when they're feeling particularly anti-Bush.

3 comments:

le7 said...

Fuh-reaky.

ZALMAN FRIEDMAN IS A NASI!

Just like a guy said...

You mean, a navi?

le7 said...

Whatever. Close enough. He's a PROPHET!