Monday, February 4, 2008

Monday's recap

Did you know that it's snowing outside? Isn't that incredible? While I have no particular affinity for the fluffy stuff, it certainly is nice to see it falling. Ah, how trite the Real Shliach is today, you say, must be the cold has finally gotten to his vital systems and turned them into mush. Well let me tell you something, I'm as sharp as ever. There's no denying that I'm not as sharp as I've been in the past, probably due to the looming clouds that are, quite appropriately I feel, looming in the distance, but please don't let this disturb you.
Anyway, in that video of Rabbi Manis Friedman that I watched last week there was a funny part, where he rhetorically asks, "Who else but my wife and I should take care of our kids?" A female voice in the background then replies, "Who else but you and your wife would want to take care of your kids?"
This puts me in mind of a cute story that I read about R. Manis, that he was once asked by a (presumably) radical feminist, "What does your wife do all day, while you fly about the country lecturing, making money, oppressing females, etc?" R. Manis answered, "She runs a home for fourteen unwanted children." The radical feminist was taken aback, and said something to the effect of, "That's beautiful", or something equally unintelligent (not, of course, that I'd expect anything less from a radical feminist). Anyway, R. Manis continued speaking, "Yes, she asked around to see if anyone else wanted our fourteen kid, and no one did, so we kept them." Presumably the radical feminist had a seizure or something and consequently went to commune with nature in a pine box, but I really don't have too much information on that part of the story.
In other news around here, tomorrow is the Minnesota GOP caucus, and I'm pretty excited to be able to attend. I've never been to a caucus, so I really don't know what's going to happen, and I still haven't figured out who to go for. My priorities are 1. Israel, 2. Homeland Security, and 3. The economy. I assume that no Republican, aside from the infamous Ron Paul, will cut and run from Iraq, so hopefully that's something that I don't need to worry about. A friend in the community was supporting Duncan Hunter, who professed a great love for the holy land, but now that he's gone I'm just not sure who I'll be going for. Probably Romney, because I think it would be fun to have a President who can't eat chocolate.

3 comments:

e said...

Vote for McCain, he's the most likely to win the general election.

e said...

Who gave you the Almighty Editor prize? I thought it belonged to me!

Anonymous said...

Hysterical! Love the wit and irony...