Sunday, January 20, 2008

Interesting

There's an old saying 'round these parts...A friend in need is a friend in deed. So it's interesting that someone calling himself "Your best friend and colleague" would savage my recent post. It's funny, because I specifically did not write about girls, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I was going to write a whole thing about my cluelessness as to the identity of my supposed best friend, but then it hit me like a bolt of lightning. I'm not going to put a link to his blog here, mainly because I can't quite remember what the address is, but also because he has terrible grammar, and I'd hate to expose my loyal and enlightened readership to that kind of abuse.
How about for something interesting that doesn't have to do with girls? How about we discuss a different issue? Like my flight today which was delayed for two hours? All right, I guess that's the end of this discussion.
Remember I heard a great thing from our gallant leader on 19 Kislev that I couldn't quite recall? Well R. Chayim Friedman, Principal partner of worldwide peace efforts at YHSTC said it over on Thursday night, and I think I should be able to regurgitate it for your reading pleasure.
A guy came to R. Aharon the Great of Karlin, and said, "Rebbe! I became a Baal Teshuva, a returnee to the faith of my fathers, mothers, grandparents, etc, and at first it was tremendous. I felt a fire in my belly, a closeness to the divine, a true appreciation for the wonders of Cholent on Motzei Shabbos, Saturday night (bathing time in Denver). Now however, I've lost all feeling for Judaism. What's the problem?" The Rebbe answered with a Passuk, a verse, from the Torah, and a parable, which I do remember.
He said, "There was once a very rich man who gave a loan to two very poor men. One of them invested the money wisely, and built up a great fortune. The other squandered the money on cheesecake and expensive Sefarim
The rich man came back after five years, and came to the investor dude. The investor dude said that he'd be happy to pay the loan back, but the rich guy said that he didn't have to, because he had used the money well. Next he came to the squanderer, and insisted that the guy pay him back every last red cent, because he had wasted the opportunity. The analog to this parable is that the inspiration that a person has when they do Teshuva, when they repent, is comparable to a loan. If they use it wisely, then it lasts them forever. If they squander their original inspiration, then eventually it is lost."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i gotta give it to you my man you take the cake I humbly step back. You are amazing in your bashing skills

Just like a guy said...

thanks

e said...

You never actually talk about girls, you only mention them to say how irrelevant they are. In this post, despite your best friend and colleague's best attempts to bring you back to the straight and narrow, you continue in this horrific and not family-friendly-blog-worthy path of vice, and I quote: "It's funny, because I specifically did not write about girls... How about for something interesting that doesn't have to do with girls?"

FORGET THE GIRLS!! They don't exist in the mind of a Real (bochur)Shliach! Not even b'ofen shlili!