Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"What regiment is this?" " First Minnesota," replied Colvill. " Charge those lines!"

In the summer of '03 TRS and LdT took several trips, including to Gettysburg. Above is TRS pictured with the monument to the 1st Minnesota Volunteer Infantry which was the first state volunteer regiment formally tendered to the Federal government under Abraham Lincoln's call for 300,000 troops in 1861. They also played a pivotal role in the battle at Gettysburg, as detailed here, with an 83 percent casualty rate, which stands to this day as the largest loss by any surviving military unit in American history during any single engagement.
Here we see TRS' back. But you had probably guessed that by now.
As you can see, I'm wearing a t-shirt from EAA AirVenture 2003, which LdT, Josh Hoffman, Ira, and I had attended earlier that summer in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. On my head is a South African rugby hat.
I look like a linebacker in this one!
And last but not least, here's me wearing my Buffalo Bill t-shirt holding Aloysius!
--
In other news, if I was a Vikings fan, then (z×y)²=

29 comments:

bonne said...

The last picture is pretty hilarious. It looks like you're eyes are bugging out...

Altie said...

nice sunglasses.

e said...

You look like your sister without your beard.

le7 said...

That's exact;y what I said.

Leo de Toot said...

Dear Mr. R.S.
Finally - Aloysius gets the acknowledgement he deserves. Ldt.

e said...

Maybe when I shave I'll start to look like my sister again. Back in the day everyone said we look alike.

le7 said...

What's up with the teddy?

Do you still have that shirt and hat?

Just like a guy said...

Sara: Is this a good thing?

Altie: Thanks.

LdT: Yes!

le7: He rides around in LdT's Jeep.

Yes.

sarabonne said...

Sure!

Just like a guy said...

If you say so...

Leo de Toot said...

Dear Mr. R.S. Would you be kind enough to inform Ms. Le7 that Aloysius would be highly offended to be described as a "teddy." He is a "Bear" (and very proud of it). My client would accept a timely apology. LtD.

le7 said...

I actually snorted LdT.

le7 said...

Also, is Aloysius named after Aloysius Snuffleupagus?

Just like a guy said...

LdT: I shall inform my client immediately.

le7: Aloysius, Lord Sebastian Flyte's beloved teddy bear in Evelyn Waugh's 1945 novel Brideshead Revisited

le7 said...

OH. So a half a year after I got back from Israel, I felt this weird desire to go watch a movie, so I picked a random one at the Downer Theatre, (you know, the tumadike one you walked into the street to avoid when you were here).

It was in fact a film rendition of Brideshead Revisited. Something about it on film made me never want to watch a movie again.

Just like a guy said...

Besides Harry Potter....

le7 said...

Well, of course. Naturally. It's not coming out on DVD until December, 7th.

Just like a guy said...

Pearl Harbor day! How appropriate.

le7 said...

Why, because they're fighting a global wizard war?

Anyways, I was thinking more along the lines that in fact it is two days before I can legally gamble and buy hootch.

Just like a guy said...

Ooh, we could go to Mohegan Sun to celebrate!

le7 said...

Whudat?

le7 said...

Oh google helped me tackle that one.

Can we go see Barry Manilow too?!

Just like a guy said...

I don't listen to music played by people with hair like him.

le7 said...

I've never listened to his music. At least willingly and to my knowledge.

Just like a guy said...

And neither of us is going to start now.

le7 said...

Dang. You're no fun.

Just like a guy said...

As the man in the family, I have to maintain certain standards of decorum.

le7 said...

Snort again.

e said...

TRS: I like the "neither of us is" and not "neither of us are." The are certain standards of decorum which the man of the house must maintain.