Friday, August 8, 2008

Pre Yom Tov jitters

Back I am in beautiful Crown Heights, New York, another summer of MS in the books. Now's the time for an accounting, to see if everything that was supposed to happen did, and if there's room for improvement. The answer to both is a resounding "of course!" As a subscriber to Hashgacha Protis, the belief in personal divine providence, I know that whatever happened happened, and that's that. At the same time, I know that there's more that I could have done, and I certainly hope to improve for next time.
Last year I wrote the following on the original Roving Rabbi site when I had finished in Kansas and Missouri:

So how would I rate Merkos Shlichus? It was pretty good. We could have done more. Truth is, is any situation, you could always do more. Which is a good thing. If you can't do more, then what's the point? Might as well just give up.

Seems to me that this was basically what happened this year as well. Sure, we did better than last year, because I'm a year older and wiser, but there certainly is room for improvement.

I'll have Tisha B'av coverage Live starting whenever I feel like it tomorrow night; until then, enjoy your vision this Shabbos, and remember not to eat eggs and ashes before the fast starts. Cheers!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post looks so sad with no comments! i decided to leave one.